1. JOB PURPOSE:
• The purpose of this position is the day to day management of logistics (in-bound delivery of raw materials, raw materials management at the concrete plant, receiving customer orders, and the out-bound despatching and delivery of ready-mixed concrete) activities of the company in order to reach the strategic goals of the company in an efficient and result oriented way. To liaise closely with other managers, internal and external.
• This job description covers only the key responsibilities and key tasks (maximum 4 to 6) of the job for which the incumbent will be held accountable for.
• Every employee should accept flexibility to carry out other task as reasonably instructed by superiors, to cooperate with other departments when required and to participate in specific projects when requested.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION:
2.1: Key Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for making sure that each step of the process is being performed effectively so as to rule out lost sales opportunities, costly delays and customer dissatisfaction.
• Ensure all trucks are operating within their statutory requirements, particularly those relating to health and safety, legal loading limits and transport curfews.
• To constantly communicate with key internal personnel (purchasing, production, inventory control, logistics and sales), external authorities and vendors to ensure that the company’s objectives are delivered.
• Ensure that the manpower and equipment needs match those required to meet production and sales objectives (inc. out of hours coverage)
• Ensure that Logistics staff work quickly and effectively with sales to investigate customer complaints
• Periodically visit the concrete operations and customer sites to ensure visibility of Senior Management, to provide information and to receive feedback.
• Analyse business performance / results, providing feedback to Top Management
• Ensure that the month end inventory management procedures are carried out and that stock adjustments are provided to the Information Management team for entering into Navision
• Ensure all work activities have documented procedures in ISO
and that these are reviewed annually.
• Ensure proper records are being kept for relevant work activities in line with statutory, company and customer requirements.
• Support HR through ensuring annual leave is taken, provide input into salary review, management of working hours, etc
• Ensure targets (on-time delivery, mixer utilization, load efficiency, production volume, truck availability, rejected orders, rejected loads, cost, etc) are achieved as given by Top Management through optimum utilisation of manpower and machinery.
• Review on a periodic basis all procedures with the view to reduce complexity, to improve accuracy, productivity and efficiency. (Particular focus to be on optimizing batch cycle time for maximum output capacity; and truck maintenance turnaround times)
• Conducts regular analysis of suppliers, competitors and cost effectiveness in order to satisfy the requirements of the company and customers
• Maintain knowledge of current best practices and innovations within the concrete and transport industries.
• Maintain first class levels of cleanliness of the truck fleet to promote safe working practices and company image
• Make self available as coach / mentor in assisting direct reports to develop in their positions.
• Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
• Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements.
• As required, become involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment, termination and counselling.
• Finish KPI
assessment of direct reports within specified time frame.
• Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in order to achieve workplace harmony within the organisation at all times.
• To comply with all operative legal and company safety and environmental rules.
• To ensure that all safety events (accidents, near-miss accidents, expositions and events of environmental nature) should be immediately reported and investigated.
• To stop, immediately any kind of activity or work (made by either own employee or subcontracted worker), if according to his/her opinion that act breaks any safety or environmental rule, or that act could cause harm to anyone.
• To ensure that the five RCV
cardinal safety rules will be kept by themselves and their colleagues
• To “Live” the Readymix corporate slogan “Quality is Our Strength”
• To “Live” the key RCV
values and associated principles/behaviours
• Keep the balance between work and family life
• Stay calm and professional in stressful situations
• Trust and Confidentiality – the position holder will be entrusted with sensitive information from time to time which is not for public transfer (either internal or external)
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and code of conduct and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
2.2: Decision Making Authority
This position has the authority to:-
• Approve truck repair and other expense with value below 5M vnd
• Approve Purchase Order with value below 5M vnd
• Approve Payment Request of Logistics with value below 1M vnd
• Agree to cancel rejected concrete with the value below 5M vnd related to reasons caused through delivery negligence
This position is expected to make recommendations on:-
• Changes to targets and forecasts
• Appraising performance of subordinates on a monthly and yearly basis
• Disciplinary action
• Employee terminations and new employee hiring decisions
• Salary increases during the salary review period
• Employee personal development to meet the needs of Individual Development Plans and succession planning
• Nomination of subordinate staff to attend any training courses, conferences, seminars, etc
• Nomination of subordinate staff to participate on projects
• Mobile phone: Yes
• Computer (Desktop or Laptop): Yes
3.1: Educational Background:
• University degree in engineering or other sciences, economics, marketing or business management
would be an advantage
• Up to 5 years management experience in a medium sized company in both in-bound and out-bound logistics
• It is preferable to have experience working in or supervising a central dispatch operation
• It is not a requirement that specific construction industry is needed
Think the Business
• Strategic Vision
• Analysis and Problem-Solving
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Manages Execution
• Customer Focus
• Drives Change and Innovation
• Engages and Inspires
• Develops Human Capital
• Cultivates Relationships and Networks
• Fosters Teamwork and Cooperation
Act as a role Model
• Adapts and learns
• Builds Trust and Confidence
Computer Skills: MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
Language skills: English – Excellent
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent analytical, attention to detail and interpretation skills
• Outstanding organization skills
• Driving Licence for car
4. PROFILE CONIST
• Your application letter and CV attached with a recent photograph
• Both application and CV must be written in English
If you are interested in the above position, please send your resume to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org