1. JOB PURPOSE:
• The purpose of this position is the day to day management of the performance of all concrete sales activities. To direct the sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base to strengthen customer bonds and to ensure full payment of all invoices. To liaise closely with other managers, internal and external.
• This job description covers only the key responsibilities and key tasks (maximum 4 to 6) of the job for which the incumbent will be held accountable for.
• Every employee should accept flexibility to carry out other task as reasonably instructed by superiors, to cooperate with other departments when required and to participate in specific projects when requested.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION:
2.1: Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure customer satisfaction with the service offering of the company (ordering, quality, delivery, invoicing, complaint management, etc)
• Provide professional advise to customers in order to improve company image, level of service and build customer loyalty
• Maintains contact with all customers (existing and potential) of the company to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
• Ensure the sales team reacts quickly and works effectively with operations to investigate customer complaints.
• Control credit management in line with the company policy.
• Support Finance in taking non paying customers through the legal process in order that the company recovers all money owed to it.
• Lead the development of sales plan targets and strategies.
• Ensure that all Sales Representatives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
• Organize monthly and quarterly meeting for the department, with the following agenda: HSE
, profitability, volumes, pricing, market share, credit, collections, complaints, products, quality ,operations, market movements, HSE
and receive feedback from the Team
• Assist in preparing monthly sales forecast for volumes, margin , market share and collections and report on performance between forecast and actual
• Manage authority limits and adherence to company policies and regulations (credit limit, minimum price, cash sales, collections)
• Prepare action plans for individuals and the team for effective tracking of sales leads, new prospects and penetration into new markets.
• Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed quotations submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin and a broad customer base
• Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives.
• Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
• Survey the market to identify new markets the company can enter into
• Identify and evaluate new products which better match fit customer requirements and give the company a competitive advantage.
? Assist in reporting sales estimation on the monthly basis (quantity, price, market share) of all competitors.
? Assist in the development of the marketing plan as needed
• Make self available as coach / mentor in assisting direct reports to develop in their positions.
• Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
• Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements.
• As required, become involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment, termination and counselling.
• Finish KPI
assessment of direct reports within specified time frame.
• Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in order to achieve workplace harmony within the organisation at all times.
• To comply with all operative legal and company safety and environmental rules.
• To ensure that all safety events (accidents, near-miss accidents, expositions and events of environmental nature) should be immediately reported and investigated.
• To stop, immediately any kind of activity or work (made by either own employee or subcontracted worker), if according to his/her opinion that act breaks any safety or environmental rule, or that act could cause harm to anyone.
• To ensure that the five RCV
cardinal safety rules will be kept by themselves and their colleagues
• To “Live” the Readymix corporate slogan “Quality is Our Strength”
• To “Live” the key RCV
values and associated principles/behaviours
• Keep the balance between work and family life
• Stay calm and professional in stressful situations
• Trust and Confidentiality – the position holder will be entrusted with sensitive information from time to time which is not for public transfer (either internal or external)
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
2.2: Decision Making Authority
- Key Decisions Expected
This position has the authority to:- Price customers in line with the company’s internal policy
- Recommendations Expected
This position is expected to make recommendations on:-
• New product development opportunities
• New market entry opportunities
• Changes to targets and forecasts – volumes, margins, prices
• Changes to credit limits
• Settlements of disputes with customers
• Appraising performance of subordinates on a monthly and yearly basis
• Disciplinary action
• Employee terminations and new employee hiring decisions
• Employee personal development to meet the needs of Individual Development Plans and succession planning
• Nomination of subordinate staff to participate on projects
• Mobile phone: Yes
• Computer (Desktop or Laptop: Yes
3.1: Educational Background:
• University degree in engineering or other sciences, economics, marketing or business management
would be an advantage
• Up to 3 years experience as a Sales Manager (preferably in the construction or related industries)
• Up to 5 years experience in a senior sales or key accounts role (preferably in the
Think the Business
• Strategic Vision
• Analysis and Problem-Solving
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Manages Execution
• Customer Focus
• Drives Change and Innovation
• Engages and Inspires
• Develops Human Capital
• Cultivates Relationships and Networks
• Fosters Teamwork and Cooperation
Act as a role Model
• Adapts and learns
• Builds Trust and Confidence
Computer Skills: MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
Language skills: English – Excellent
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent analytical, attention to detail and interpretation skills
• Outstanding organization skills
• Driving Licence for car
4. PROFILE CONIST
• Your application letter and CV attached with a recent photograph
• Both application and CV must be written in English
If you are interested in the above position, please send your resume to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org